Currently the best Chinese popup dictionary. More features. Frequently updated.
The most up-to-date Chinese dictionary extension for Chrome. Easier to use, with more features and more frequently updated than any other.
Hover over the Chinese words to get their pronunciation and meaning.
Turn it on and off by clicking on the extension icon.
In active development. Request a feature and we'll consider it for implementation!
For detailed usage instructions and keyboard shortcuts, check out the message that is displayed after turning on the extension.
- **Stroke order animations** integrated in the Hanzi information view!
- Can change the default dictionary to the Hanzi information view.
- Updated to the latest version of the CEDICT dictionary (November 11 2016).
- Updated to the latest version of the CEDICT dictionary (October 7 2016).
- Added lookup for hanzi stroke order and the Koohii.com Heisig study tool.
- Updated to the latest version of the CEDICT dictionary (September 11 2016).
- **Read-aloud!** Press the 'V' key to hear the pronunciation of the word.
- **Hanzi information!** Press the Enter or Shift keys to switch to the new Hanzi information view and back.
- Updated to the latest version of the CEDICT dictionary (July 17 2016).
- Updated graphics and icons.
- Updated to the latest version of the CEDICT dictionary (April 16 2016) with more than 700 added entries and 2600 improved entries.
- Cosmetic improvements to the default white theme.
- Updated to the latest version of the CEDICT dictionary (November 28).
- Added 2 new online lookup resources: Moedict and Baidu Baike.
- Redesigned options page. Now configuration is applied instantly.
- Added option to choose between 3 different fonts: serif, sans-serif and handwritten.
- For old or alternative characters: Now their definitions are showed instead of showing only a rather unuseful message "variant of ...".
- Added option to disable showing definitions.
- Added keybindings to toggle showing Pinyin, Zhuyin and definitions.
- New default white theme.
- Option to show only traditional or simplified characters.
- Updated to last CEDICT version.
- Added option to disable Pinyin.