Generates summaries for youtube videos using ChatGPT
YoutubeDigest uses ChatGPT AI to summarize youtube videos.
It's a great productivity tool to know the summary of a video before watching it to save time.
You can specify the settings needed for the summary like:
- Provide the summary as single paragraph (tl;dr;)
- Provide the summary as bullet points.
- Provide the summary as layered bullet points with video chapters.
- Provide the summary as an article
- The extension also has the ability to summarize from any language to any other language.
- You can export the summary as pdf, docx or text.
Do I need a chatgpt account to run this extension ?
Yes, the extension requires that the user has a chatGPT account in order for it to work.
How do I make it work in Brave browser ?
Disable "Prevent sites from fingerprinting me based on my language preferences" in brave://settings/shields, this is needed because the extension needs to access the session you have for chatgpt and that option is preventing us from doing that.
Is this extension able to summarize videos without youtube transcript ?
No, right now the video must have a transcript, but this will change in the future.
Does it only work for youtube ?
That is correct, but we can extend that. If you have any requests, please add it in the support tab.
How can I request adding a new language ?
Please request the new language from the support tab and we will try to prioritize it.
Make the model name dynamic to handle the model name changes
Fix the extension for chatgpt plus
Fixes for metrics
- Add initial support for text to speech.
- Fix the article generation summary.
- Add caching for the summary in local storage so that other users can use it.
- Add timestamps for bullet point summary.
- Improve the quality of the summary for bullet points and layered bullet points.
- Show partial layered bullet points summary instead of waiting till one bullet point is complete.