Displays latest videos from YouTube subscriptions and notifies when a new video is uploaded.
View latest videos from your subscriptions in order they were uploaded and get notified when a new video is added to one of your subscribed channels on YouTube.
- Displays latest videos from your subscriptions in a popup
- New video counter is displayed over extension's icon
- Optional desktop notifications
- Ability to mark videos as watched
- Clicking on video opens it in a new tab, clicking on author goes to author's channel.
How to use it:
During the first start it tries to automatically detect your username if you are currently logged in on YouTube. If this fails, please go to extension options and enter your username manually.
Currently this extension works only if your subscriptions are publicly shared ("Subscribe to a channel" is checked under "Activity Sharing" section in your YouTube profile options). I am not sure how many people have this off, if many please let me know I will think about some workaround.
There are couple similar extensions already, but I felt that none of them suits my needs perfectly so I decided to write my own. Something I always wanted was seeing untouched list of ALL latest videos from my subscriptions, without any intervention from YouTube. Not YouTube's front page, nor YouTube's "My Subscriptions" page, nor any RSS feed on YouTube, nor any extension I've tried were able to show them to me.
- Added middle click support for all links (opens link in a background tab)
- Fixed bug with not reading more than 25 subscriptions
- Fixed issues caused by changing refresh period in settings
- Added screenshot cycling on mouse over
- Added views and likes counters