Improved keyboard shortcuts support for controlling video playback on YouTube
Youtube already has basic keyboard shortcuts for controlling video playback, only they don't work unless a video player is in focus (was clicked), which is often not the case.
This extensions makes keyboard shortcuts always work as long as you are on the video details page, plus adds couple extra shortcuts.
- "Spacebar" to pause/unpause video
- "Left/Right arrows" to fast forward/rewind video (skips 5 seconds)
- "Up/Down arrows" or "Plus/Minus on numpad" to increase/decrease volume by 10%
- "Asterisk on numpad" to mute/unmute sound
All shortcuts work on both flash and HTML5 players.
- Numpad shortcuts are not available if flash player is in focus.
- Default browser actions for spacebar and arrow keys (page scrolling) are disabled on video pages, so page does not move when you pause video.