Disable annoying things in YouTube and other video sites.
YouTube Options: disable pre-roll ads, in-video ads, annotations, and auto-play; change resolution, display size, optional Flash pre-buffering, disable DASH, looping/replay, video audio volume, SSL, keyboard controls, use your mouse scroll-wheel to change the size, volume, or fast forward or fast rewind the video, auto-resize the video when scrolling down the page; download all available versions of the media (this will require installing the full version from the developers website).
Supports HTML5, "Feather" beta, and embedded YouTube interfaces.
HTML5-only features include keyboard support for fullscreen playback and showing or hiding annotations and an option to adjust all video playback speed.
Flash videos are pre-buffered as much as they can be when using the disable auto-play option. If you don't like pre-buffering, there is an option to turn it off. You can try and pre-buffer the entire Flash video by disabling DASH.
Set your preferred video codec to Flash or HTML5, desired display size or resolution, automatically sync the display size to the resolution, expand video to the size of window, or remember your custom size and apply it to all your videos.
Page modifications include the ability to disable everything on the page except for the video (header, guide, video title, description, user comments, suggested videos, footer, playlist, branding) and matting or dimming the background. Restore the video frame from the old skool YouTube interface, reverse playlists, and do away with the video carousel interface. You can even prevent YouTube from always posting comments to Google+!
Use the page action popup menu to hide parts of the page or everything on the page with one click, turn looping/replay on or off, disable all page filtering once or until you say otherwise, or adjust the display size on-the-fly.
Open suggested videos in a new window, a popout window, or over the top of the existing video.
Extensive keyboard support for most YouTube Options features: start and stop the video, change the resolution and the display size, show and hide page items, and set the video volume.
Create a RSS link to the owner of the YouTube video, Twitter, or Instagram author for The Old Reader, Feedly, or InoReader.
Change the YouTube page icon (favicon) to show the status of the video - playing, paused, stopped, or buffering.
Please see the "Support" link for usage tips and support requests.
Most (not all) features also work with Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, G4TV, FEARnet, Funny or Die, Hulu, The Escapist, the Dump, and Twitter.
* Please only leave reviews in the "User reviews" section. Please use the "Website" link or the "Report an issue" button in the options for support or feature requests.
* YouTube Options has limited functionality on user, channel, and feed pages.
* YouTube Options does not do any audio or video conversions, encoding, or re-encoding.
* To save FLV, MP4, WebM, 3D, and 3GP formats from YouTube and other select sites in all available resolutions, you must use the full version from the "Developer website" link.
* YouTube does not have published or stable APIs for HTML5 video, so options affecting HTML5 video may not work.
* Extensions with overlapping functionality or Flash-blocking abilities can prevent YouTube Options from working correctly.
* Also available for Safari 5.1+ and Opera 15+.
* The page-scroll-resize option is similar to Felix Blaschke’s (forgotten) Intelligent Scrolling feature. If you are Felix or know Felix please have him contact us so we can get his blessing for imitating this feature.
When installing the extension it says "This extension can access: Your browsing history, Your data on all websites". This is the default warning for any extension that needs content script access to all websites. This access is needed for detecting YouTube videos on third-party pages and previously opened windows or tabs.
Do not host, archive, or distribute YouTube Options without written permission from smart people on ice, LLC. (spoi).
If you like this, you may also like: Reader Filter https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/eepgdapnfglikioooabknaoadejkhini