View YouTube while hovering mouse over a YouTube link on any website
"YouTube™ on Hover" extension displays a floating panel player once your mouse is over a YouTube link. This is useful to preview YouTube links without the need to open them in separate tabs.
To hide the floating player, just click somewhere inside the page.
For your convenience there are some options:
1. You can either place the player at the center of the screen or just beneath the YouTube link with custom offset.
2. For the player to appear, keep hover over a link for 1 second. This option is useful to bypass YouTube links that are accidentally been hovered
3. Once a link is previewed, it will be stroked-through to be distinguished from other YouTube links that are still not visited. Note that the strike-though is not permanent. Reloading the page will remove all the decorations.
4. As of version 0.1.4, you can watch previews in "Turn of the Light" mode. Open options page to change this setting.
For FAQs please visit:
For reporting bugs please use:
Storage: to store internal preferences. This permission allow the extension to have access to chrome.storage API which is used for saving user preferences.
History: This one is used to mark previewed links as visited. This is useful to prevent multiple preview of a single link
Tabs: to open FAQs page
1. It is now possible to close the preview with ESC key
2. Clicking outside player is now blocked (to prevent accidental link redirect)
1. Supports start time
2. Fixes the youtube player is not accepting fullscreen attribute
3. Preview panel can now be activated on youtube.com as well (disabled by default)