Limit maximum number of open tabs
This extension allows you to limit your tabs to a maximum number of tabs.
You can set a tab limit to any number and choose which tab should be removed when you hit that limit:
- Least recently used
- Least accessed
You can also prevent the browser from opening new tabs once the limit has been reached.
Pinned tabs and tabs that you have never visited (opened in the background) will not be closed.
Source is available on GitHub:
- Update copy in popup to be more clear
- Add option to block new tabs from opening instead of auto closing an older tab
- Handle cases where the tab id could change for an existing tab
- Make it so tabs you have never been to are less likely to be closed in different modes
- Fix issue that would cause this extension to sometimes not work if a value was missing from local storage
- Do not consider a tab active until it has been open for a few seconds
- Make sure the extension works with tabs that were present before the extension was loaded
- Make sure background page is persistent
- Make sure accessed count starts at 0 instead of 1
- Never close a tab you have never been to (for example if command clicking to open tabs in the background)
- Make sure that the active tab never gets closed