Limit maximum number of open tabs
This extension allows you to limit your tabs to a maximum number of tabs.
You can set a tab limit to any number and choose which tab should be removed when you hit that limit:
- Least recently used
- Least accessed
Pinned tabs and tabs that you have never visited (opened in the background) will not be closed.
Source is available on GitHub:
- Make sure that the active tab never gets closed
- Never close a tab you have never been to (for example if command clicking to open tabs in the background)
- Make sure accessed count starts at 0 instead of 1
- Make sure background page is persistent
- Do not consider a tab active until it has been open for a few seconds
- Make sure the extension works with tabs that were present before the extension was loaded
- Fix issue that would cause this extension to sometimes not work if a value was missing from local storage