Browser syncing as it should be: secure, anonymous and free! Sync bookmarks across your browsers and devices, no sign up required.
xBrowserSync is a completely free and open source tool for syncing your bookmarks and browser data between your various browsers and devices. xBrowserSync respects your privacy and gives you complete anonymity — no sign up is required and no personal data is ever collected. It is also completely secure, your data is encrypted with military grade encryption before being synced to an open source xBrowserSync cloud service. Even if someone intercepted your data, only you can decrypt it.
xBrowserSync improves on Chrome’s bookmarking features and enriches your bookmarks with the addition of descriptions and tags. Chrome’s native bookmarking features are fully supported so that your existing bookmarks hierarchy is preserved and any changes you make to your bookmarks are synced by xBrowserSync automatically. And don’t ever worry about losing your data thanks to the included back up and restore functionality.
* xBrowserSync currently syncs only bookmarks, but syncing of additional browser data will be added in future versions.
Get the xBrowserSync mobile apps (available for Android and iOS) and sync your bookmarks to your mobile devices. Adding new bookmarks is as easy as sharing from your favourite apps (browsers, YouTube, Spotify and any other app that shares URLs).
For ultimate privacy, configure your very own xBrowserSync cloud service on your Linux or Windows server to sync to. The code for the xBrowserSync cloud service is open source and is easy to set up for any relatively tech savvy individual.
Welcome to browser syncing as it should be: secure, anonymous and free!
- Sync bookmarks securely between mobile devices and desktop browsers.
- Absolutely free, there are no charges for using the service. Ever.
- Totally anonymous, no sign up or submission of personal data required, just install and sync.
- Encrypts your browser data client-side using military grade encryption that only you can decrypt.
- Find, modify and share bookmarks quickly and easily.
- Enrich your bookmarks with descriptions and tags.
- Works with Chrome’s native bookmarking features, any changes are synced automatically and xBrowserSync even adds metadata to bookmarks automatically.
- Respects existing bookmarks hierarchy.
- Disable syncing of the Bookmarks bar to have different bookmarks present in the Bookmarks bar between browsers.
- Back up and restore your synced data for total peace of mind.
- Run your very own xBrowserSync cloud service for syncing in complete privacy.
What's new in version 1.3.1:
★ Android and iOS apps released!
★ Redesigned, more intuitive sync/login panel and settings panel.
★ Cleaned up extension dependencies for smaller footprint and faster loading.
★ Added support for bookmarklets.
★ Search queries now allow commas between keywords.
★ Titleless bookmarks now display their URL host as a title.
★ Bookmark descriptions are now shortened to 300 characters to the nearest word.
★ “Connection Lost” warnings are no longer shown when checking for updates in the background.
★ Many, many more minor enhancements and bug fixes.
For full release history visit https://github.com/xBrowserSync/App/releases