A free online Markdown editor that tastes like GitHub.
// NOTE //
Sorry I took more than 3 months to fix WriteUp! Everything is repaired and working! If you still have problems, contact me at email@example.com, I'll be glad to help you out! :)
Welcome to WriteUp, a free Markdown editor which is a Chrome app that tastes like GitHub (which uses GitHub Flavored Markdown and regular Markdown). You can visit the web app here: http://bit.ly/writeupeditor
You can download the app or use the web app, which ever is best for you. I made WriteUp because I didn't want to pay for any Markdown editors on the Mac App Store, eventually I found a free app but it only let you see the Markdown files.
// FEATURES //
- Works online and offline - plus WriteUp is entirely free!
- Runs right from the Chrome App Launcher
- Looks pretty with its new minimalistic user interface
- Open and save .md, .markdown, .html, .htm or .txt files!
- Live preview with a side-by-side comparison (Markdown on the left, preview on the right)
- Compiles Markdown straight to HTML
// SOON TO COME //
// CHANGELOG //
- FIXED ALL PROBLEMS RELATING TO THE WINDOW, WINDOWS 8 AND THE AWFUL UI
- WriteUp looks minimalistic, which is good
- new Markdown parser
- the U is capitalized
- links in the preview now open a new tab in Chrome
- added new items to the Edit menu (cut, copy, etc.)
- severe UI improvements
- all links actually open now (even in the About window)
- fullscreen window for OS X Yosemite users (when you click the maximize button)
- a friendly message shows when you hover over the maximize button
- nothing big, just added something in the manifest
- now supports .markdown files!
- added a little menu item that detects your Internet connection (and updates it every 5 seconds)
- improved the window control buttons
- fixed the default window size
- put on the Chrome Web Store and starting up this awesome changelog
- added window control buttons (minimize, close, etc.)
- improved welcome message
- removed Options for now (I can't figure out chrome.storage)
- doesn't exist
- that's all we know :)
(C) 2014-2015 theawesomecoder61