A customizable, offline, and full-screen text-editor.
Write Space is a customizable full-screen text-editor that lives in your web-browser. It is designed to minimize the distractions that come between you and your writing.
• Persistent auto-save. The document is automatically saved with every key-press, so you don't have to worry about losing your work.
• Offline. The application is completely self-contained, which means that it will continue to function even if you don't have an internet connection.
• Saves data locally. Write Space saves your data on your own computer, not on some external server.
• Live document statistics. No need to dig around menus or open a dialog box to get the word count.
• Customizable. You can change the font, background, width of the editor window, and more.
• Use your browser's full-screen mode for complete distraction-free writing.
• You can set Write Space to open in full-screen mode automatically by right clicking on the application icon and selecting 'Open full screen'.
• You can import a plain-text file into Write Space. If you already have data saved in Write Space make sure you back it up before importing.
• If you have any questions, feature requests, or would like to contribute code or help localize or translate the application, please leave a message at the Write Space discussion board located at http://groups.google.com/group/write-space.
• As Google Chrome does not yet support the HTML5 File Writer API, Write Space does not currently have an automated export function. For the time being, you will have to export your work manually by copying the text in the browser window to another file or location.
• Bartek Wiórkiewicz for the Polish localization.
• 糖多叻 for the Chinese (Traditional) localization.
• Maurício Moraes for the Portuguese (Brazilian) localization.
• Turan Rustamli for the Russian localization.