Become an operative of the National Emergency Control & Relief Agency in a realistic survival strategy zombie game
World of the Living Dead: Resurrection is in closed beta testing, but we're opening up the game for a limited time, so get in now!
Scavenge for weapons and supplies, complete missions and engage in a brutally competitive race against other players and factions to research the zombie virus by collecting samples and special compounds.
Manage limited supplies and organize dozens of survivors. Balance the fear and fatigue of your squads against their need for provisions. Make tough choices as you order ordinary survivors to travel through zombie-filled city blocks and grapple with both the living and the dead as you search for what you need to succeed in your mission.
Gradually develop your characters by choosing from dozens of skills. Focus on speed and endurance, or rely on toughness and combat to get through the zeds. Survivors gain skills as you play, but beware: WotLD features permadeath, so you have to make the right call every time.
There are many NECRA operatives, but only one can emerge as the savior of humanity...
- Survival strategy zombie MMO browser game
- Huge game universe: first server includes all of Los Angeles County
- Background story based on drastic plan to save humanity
- Compelling and challenging race to find a solution to the virus
- Custom map designed using OpenStreetMap for improved speed and flexibility
- Grid-based movement provides a clean and reliable interface
- Isolated tutorial on Santa Catalina island allows new players to learn the game in safety
- Zombie bites can lead to unpredictable infection and death
- Realistic character needs based on fear, fatigue, hunger and thirst
- Hardcore PvP with character permadeath and item looting from corpses
- Establish upgradeable safehouses
- Control multiple characters with unique skill development paths
- Real-world weapons and items which degrade with use
- Repair and modify weapons and armor using the Workbench safehouse upgrade
- 100+ in-game collectible bonus cards
- Dozens of achievements for surviving, fighting and exploring
Reviews of WotLD:
"It's rather intense... there's a sense of dread whenever I look away from my browser... complexities are in the micro-management and pondering your moves ahead." - Rock Paper Shotgun
"...World of the Living Dead is a rich, breath-taking and exciting game, that blends management, roleplaying games mechanisms and exploration..." - CanardPC
"...something haunting about Ballardia Games' maiden project... World of the Living Dead offers a pretty compact slice of survival horror simulation" - IndieGames