Writing inclusively in a consistent manner is hard. It's easy with Witty writing assistant. Make the world inclusive. For everyone.
Writing inclusively in a consistent manner is hard. It's easy with Witty - our AI-based writing assistant that makes the world more inclusive. For everyone.
* Supports English and German
* Highlights non-inclusive wording
* Explains hidden stereotypes behind words
* Delivers alternatives for inclusive wording
* Detects spelling and grammar errors
The free extension prevents you from falling into the trap of unconsciously stereotypical wording or hidden discriminating language. It gives you the know how to write inclusively. And that makes you an actor for change - an actor for a more inclusive world.
Witty detects language bias in the following diversity dimensions:
Ethnic background, age, gender, faith, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, body capacity. More to come.
Witty is user-friendly; it instantly analyzes your text as you type. It doesn’t interrupt your writing flow and it does neither write FOR you nor impose any language. You can accept or deny alternative suggestions as you like. You keep your full freedom in writing.
With Witty, our mission is to give you an everyday writing assistant that makes you confident when writing for diverse reader groups. With Witty you can expect the following services:
* Write for your diverse target groups: Your readers have many different diverse backgrounds. Witty helps you to choose words that involve everyone and create belonging.
* Language evolves: It is difficult to keep up with wordings that may be openly offending or covertly discriminating particular social groups. Witty detects these for you, protecting you from potential conflicts.
* Change behavior, word by word: Writing with Witty makes you aware of your own unconscious biases. Being at your side on a daily basis, it helps you to become aware of them and to change your writing and behavior accordingly.
Unlike many other digital writing assistants, we do not rely on the data of the web to deliver language rules. Based on scientific studies and working together with special interest groups we develop the vocabulary with a de-biased development process.
List of supported languages:
* … more to come