Enable ClickOnce support in Chrome™ and Firefox™ for Microsoft® Windows™.
This extension implements Native Host messaging to allow installation of ClickOnce (MIME application/x-ms-application) applications through Microsoft® .NET.
ClickOnce is a Microsoft® technology that enables the user to install and run Windows-based smart client applications by clicking a link in a web page. The core principle of ClickOnce is to ease the deployment of Windows applications. ClickOnce is a component of Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 and later, and is present in installations of Internet Explorer™. This extension adds that component to Chrome™, Chromium™, Firefox™ and Opera™.
• Protocol independent
• Case insensitive
• Legacy compatibility
This extension will identify itself various ways (for legacy compatibility with certain sites), and for that it will add a couple of variables to the window object. This requires the "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" permission.
When a ClickOnce link is clicked, Microsoft® .NET must handle the content. Google Chrome™ won't let you communicate directly with dotNET. That's why we need a middle man ("Native Messaging Host") installed with the extension to do this for you. This requires the "Communicate with cooperating native applications" permission.
• Remove tabs permission for new Google rules
• Build .zip release for Google Chrome
• Add support for file:/// links
• Use Transport Layer Security on URLs
• Bugfixes for Firefox™ version
• Add Firefox™ support
• Remove helper from extension
• Remove debugging symbols from helper
• Update helper to dotNET 4
• Added Google Analytics to track number of installations
• Create Native Host version because NPAPI is being phased out
• Fixed manifest for web store
• Initial NPAPI version
Terms and conditions: