Search Wikipedia in every language from the address bar.
Wikipedia Search allows you to type the word 'wiki' into your browser's search bar, press the space key, and search for an article on Wikipedia. You can also select any word or phrase on the web, right-click, and search it in Wikipedia. If you have Awesome New Tab Page installed, there's even a widget for that built-in. Instant access to the millions of articles of articles on Wikipedia.
If English isn't your main language, it's easy to change the language Wikipedia Search uses. Just go to the Settings page to switch to any of the 50+ languages Wikipedia supports.
Wikipedia is a trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikipedia icon from the Faenza icon pack. Wikipedia Search is open-source under the GPLv3 license on GitHub (see website link below).
New in Wikipedia Search 6.4:
* Shiny new icon :)
* Improvements to the Wikipedia Search widget for Awesome New Tab Page (ANTP)
* Continued clean-up of overall codebase
New in Wikipedia Search 6.3.1:
* Fixed search bar on articles becoming disabled and not completely being removed.
* Minor bug fixes
New in Wikipedia Search 6.3:
* Wikipedia Integration: Wikipedia Search now integrates more deeply with Wikipedia, with options to show a panel of options on Wikipedia article pages for quick access to settings, and even hiding the search bar.
* Reset options: There is now a reset button in the settings, to...well...reset the settings.
* Under-the-hood improvements: Wikipedia Search 6.3 continues a clean-up of the overall codebase.
* And a secret easter egg hidden in the code ;)
New in Wikipedia Search 6.2:
* Opera support: Opera browser is now officially supported by Wikipedia Search!
* Context menu: Minor tweaks to the right-click context menu.
* Settings: You can now turn the settings shortcut in search results on or off.
* Under-the-hood improvements: Most of Wikipedia Search 6.2 has been re-written to clean up the overall codebase. There's also less bugs!
New in Wikipedia Search 6.1:
* HTTPS by default: Wikipedia Search added support for HTTPS search in version 6.0, but now it's default.
* New Language: Wikipedia Search now supports Ellīniká as a language.
* Easier options access: You can now get to the extensions options straight from the OmniBar while searching!.
* Bug fixes: This release contains various bug fixes.
New in Wikipedia Search 6.0:
* ANTP Widget: Wikipedia Search now includes a widget for the popular New Tab Page replacement, Awesome New Tab Page. If you have ANTP installed, just drag the Wikipedia Search widget to an empty slot.
* HTTPS Search: You can now enable searching with HTTPS from the options, which makes your searches more secure and private.
* New Icon: Wikipedia Search now has a new icon from the Faenza icon pack.
* New Language: Wikipedia Search now supports Azərbaycanca as a language.
* Minor bug fixes and code cleanup