Search Wikipedia in every language and open results in a new tab.
Wikipedia Search is open source under the GPLv3 license.
This extension allows you to type in a topic, click enter on your keyboard, and the article will appear in a new tab. Numerous Wikipedia extensions are available on the Chrome web store, but only this one opens results in the desktop Wikipedia. It opens the full blown site and not the dummed-down mobile version. Instant access to the millions of articles of articles on Wikipedia.
You can aso select your language of choice from the Options page, with access to every language Wikipedia has to offer. Simply right click the Wikipedia button, select Options, select a language from the simple list, and click Save. After that, the next time you search it will send you to the Wikipedia site for the language you chose.
(Wikipedia is a trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation)
New in Wikipedia Search 4.1.1:
* Fixed bug where the drop down box would not be the size of the text field
New in Wikipedia Search 4.1:
* Now using Roboto as main font (Arial as fallback)
* Added new languages (Cebuano, Eesti, Minangkabau, and Simple English)
* Minor UI changes
New in Wikipedia Search 4.0:
* Major code cleanup
* UI refresh
* Code now available on Github
* One-time alert that it is open source
New in Wikipedia Search 3.3.1:
* Fixed (very) small bug on extension options page
New in Wikipedia Search 3.3:
* Fixed bug where language selection would not save
* Rewrite to work with Chrome manifest 2
New in Wikipedia Search 3.2.1:
* Fixed bug where the search icon would not show up
New in Wikipedia Search 3.2:
* Updated to Manifest 2
* Requires Chrome 18 or newer