Hover the mouse over any inter-wiki link in Wikipedia and see an excerpt on a overlay hovering box. No need to open in new tab!
Improve your research effectiveness on Wikipedia with this extension: hover the mouse cursor on any inter-wiki link (link to another article from within a wiki article) - and immediately see an overlay hovering box with an excerpt of the article (including the article image and the first paragraph). This saves you time when you just want to quickly understand the general idea behind some sub articles, and do not want to disrupt the reading-flow off your main subject.
Whenever doing research on Wikipedia - you often find yourself encountering many sub-articles and sub-subjects related to your main research subjects, Some of these are only "minor", you just want to know the general idea behind them, without having to open a full article in a new tab and disrupt the reading flow off the main subject.
* Unlimited number of 'wiki-hover' boxes on top of your article.
* Unlimited number of "nested" hover boxes supported. You can hover over links inside hover-boxes to show new hover-boxes, and hover over links on those boxes and so on, as deep as you need...
* Close wiki-hovers or choose to "pin" them down, and make them "stick".
* Click anywhere outside hover boxes to dismiss all unpinned boxes.
* Supports all Wikipedia languages (including RTL languages).
* Supports window resizes.
* You can choose to open the full article in a new tab from within the hover-box.