This extension can be used to force affinity to a particular WebSphere Application Server JVM
This extension is designed to allow you to target a particular WebSphere Application Server process. This is particularly useful for testing of web sites hosted on WebSphere, when you want to test against a specific server/JVM.
Features of this tool include: -
1. Ability to import a server list from a WebSphere Plugin file (e.g. plugin-cfg.xml)
2. Ability to import/export server lists to share with colleagues in a JSON format
3. An overlay feature that places a small window over each browsed page, showing the name of the server that provided the response
Note that this tool relies on the standard JSESSIONID cookie set by the WebSphere Application Server. If you use a different cookie name, then this tool will not work for you right now (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll add configuration for different cookie names).
Also, although this tool will work for the vast majority of WebSphere installations, some more complex scenarios may break affinity e.g.
- Where affinity has been turned off
- Where there are multiple hosted environments, served by different load balancer rules.
I wrote this for my own benefit, I hope it's of some use to you!