Simple script which places the IP of the current website in the bottom right.
This extension simply adds the IP of the current website you are viewing to the bottom right.
* Simple solution to always show the current websites IP address instead of clicking through an extension
* Moves left or right on mouse over, it won't get in your way
* IPv6 support
* No external server to return IP - your chrome does all the work locally
* Clean, attractive and does the job.
No-one sees the IP but you. There is no reliance on an external server to return the IP. Chrome returns the IP address itself on the users side. This takes into consideration local DNS and Host changes.
If you like this extension please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear what you think about it and what features you'd like to see in later versions. Currently I'm planning a few features: 'Copy IP to clickboard' - This will be available from the popup options in the next version and the ability to disable on certain websites.
I created this extension to solve a problem no other IP extension attempted. To quickly show the current websites IP at all times. I use that information daily as a web developer and it has solved my problem. No longer do I have to click through an extension to see the IP, it's just there - bottom right.
Hopefully this extension will help you out too. Let me know in the comments and review generously if it has.
* Website IP no longer shows on print screens
* Extension has been updated to remove errors associated with newer extension changes for Chrome 18+
* Fixed hover over behaviour to switch IP left and right
* New Feature: IPv6 support
* New Feature: No more reliance on an external server to return the IP, it is now completely on the users side allowing host changes and DNS changes to reflect instantly
* Bug fix: Extension ID on pop-up - caused by the extension running within itself
* Found it was still using my personal testing link for the IP return, now updated to the correct link that will improve speeds to near instant
Note: This is now available on github for you if you'd like to tinker: https://github.com/tinybigideas/WebsiteIP