Keyboard shortcuts for Google, YouTube, Github, Amazon, Scholar, and Startpage.
* YouTube: fix infinite scrolling
* Fix auto select in infinite scroll when last selection is no longer available
* Google: add results for Places/Maps
* Google: fix result focus change when navigation back from result to results
* YouTube: fix video pause/resume with space
* Google: add options for adding WorldBrain's Memex extension results
* Fix issue with options saving
* Google: fix duplicate search result matches requiring two presses to navigate
* Google: support new cards in news tab and books results
* Fix issue where custom keybindings from older versions were wrongly
* Scholar: work in all domains (not just .com)
* Github: fix double highlighting issue
* Github: add user repositories
* Minor visual tweaks in options page
* Github support
* Better highlighting in startpage non-default themes
* Support for custom CSS rules in options page
* Add keybinding for toggling verbatim search
* Support Amazon next pages
* Google image search results navigation support
* Don't focus on another element if the current one is not visible, only scroll
* *Very* experimental support for Amazon.
* Support for navigating to Top Stories, Twitter, Videos, and callouts
* Support for remapping keys with key sequences
* Experimental support for Youtube, Startpage, and Scholar (optional, needs to
be enabled in options)
* Link-opening shortcuts now prefer focused element over the highlighted
result. Hence it is possible to navigate to sub-results and other links
using the <tab> key.
* Scroll to top of the page when navigating to the "previous" result from the
first result and wrapping is off.
* Remove "People also ask" results from navigable results.
* Fixed unpredictable scrolling in results navigation.
See also https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/35
* Fixed scrolling to first result when page is loaded. This fixes an issue where
the extension would scroll over KP cards (stock data, top stories).
See also https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/29
* Renamed the extension to comply with the branding guidelines of Google LLC.
* Fixed "translate this site"-links being indexed as search results.
* Fixed search results matching in a new (or alternate?) Google™ search version.
* Fixed "Focus searchbox" shortcut not working in some cases.
* Added support for shopping results.
* Fixed options not being configurable for Firefox.
* Removed tabs permission which caused a scary Chrome warning about a new
permission in the extension to read "browsing history". The issue was related to a new feature for opening a search result in the background- see the discussion in https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/53
NOTE FROM AUTHOR: sorry for that warning, but I can assure you that this extension DOES NOT READ ANY of your browsing history. You don't need to trust my word- you can read the source code in https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator
* Changed default key binding of "Open selected result in new window/tab" to `Ctrl/⌘ + Shift + Enter/Space`.
* New feature for Navigation to a new tab in background (Ctrl/⌘ + Enter/Space)
* New keybindings for navigating between search result pages
* Added navigation to more tabs: shopping, books, flights, and financial.
* Keybindings for navigating to images/videos/maps/news tabs
* Works in encrypted.google.com
Simple open source extension that adds keyboard shortcuts to Google search™.
Google search™ used to provide experimental keyboard navigation, but it was
often broken (https://goo.gl/1zMkYu), and seems to have been removed as of
2017-07-31 (https://stackoverflow.com/a/45513198/1014208). In addition, I
wanted to add new keyboard shortcuts and the existing ones to be more vim like
(j/k for navigation).
* `↓`/`j`: Select next search result
* `↑`/`k`: Select previous previous result
* `/`/`Escape`: Focus on input search box
* `Enter`/`Space`: Navigate to selected result
* `Ctrl+Enter`/`⌘+Enter`/`Ctrl+Space`: Open selected result in background tab
* `Ctrl+Shift+Enter`/`⌘+Shift+Enter`/`Ctrl+Shift+Space`: Open selected result in new window/tab
* `←`/`h`: Navigate to previous search result page
* `→`/`l`: Navigate to next search result page
* `a`/`s`: Navigate to All tab (= default search tab)
* `i`: Navigate to images tab
* `v`: Navigate to videos tab
* `m`: Navigate to maps tab
* `n`: Navigate to news tab
* `alt+s`: Navigate to shopping tab
* `b`: Navigate to books tab
* `alt+l`: Navigate to flights tab
* `f`: Navigate to financial tab
* `z h`: Filter results by past hour
* `z d`: Filter results by past 24 hours (day)
* `z w`: Filter results by past week
* `z m`: Filter results by past month
* `z y`: Filter results by past year
* `z z`: Turn off filter (show all results)
* `z t`: Toggle sort by date/relevance (only when filtering)
©2020 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google™ search is a trademark of Google LLC.