Gets data from the internet and shows it in a small popup. Very easy and highly configurable.
The Web Notifier extension allows users to be notified periodically about information on the internet. It retrieves data from XML pages or from ordinary HTML pages. The same functionality can be used on Android smartphones (see underneath).
The configuration is done in an intuitive and easy way.
To make it work the following steps are needed :
1° provide the address (URL) to retrieve data from
2° specify the text of the notification containing one or more fields from the internet page
3° choose the execution mode: delta or standard. Delta will only notify when the information has changed
4° choose periodic frequency or specific times
If you have questions, remarks or proposals, feel free to post a message on :
As this is a new extension I'd be happy if you'd add a rating under 'Reviews'.
You can simply add the free version. That version allows you to retrieve data from one XML page.
The paying full-blown version :
As I've spent quite a lot of time to develop the full-blown version I ask you to pay a small fee for it.
This paying version provides the following functionalities (Since 15th of May 2012):
- XML selector logic to determine the data in the XML (cfr. http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#x4 )
- data retrieval from multiple pages
- not only data from XML pages is retrieved but also data from ordinary HTML pages.
- easy configuration and testing
- not only retrieval of XML data but also sending (13th June 2012)
- possibility to store a central configuration as to allow central configuration of the notifications (13th June 2012)
- roll-out to Android (search http:\\market.android.com for Web Notifier) (13th June 2012) : using a central configuration XML messages are shown in Android just like in Google Chrome
After you pay 1,99 EUR via Paypal via :
you are redirected to the download page.
I'm working on these functionalities to provide something really useful and complete.