A beautiful forecast with every new tab.
Welcome to WeatherTab, a new tab replacement extension that shows a forecast for the next five days. It only requires two permissions: geolocation and storage.
It needs access to geolocation because the extension can't show the weather for where you are unless it knows where you are.
It needs access to storage because it remembers your temperature scale of choice: Fahrenheit or Celsius. (The default is Fahrenheit. Click the indicator in the upper right corner to switch it.) If you have sync turned on, this setting will be synchronized to all your devices.
This extension was written in my free time. If you like it, please give it a good rating on the Chrome Store and consider donating.
Read about how I built it:
- Improved photograph credit legibility.
- Updated forecast layout.
- Changes to Flickr image search to use precise location, weather conditions, and time of day; with fallbacks to use broader search results.
- Changed temperature scale button to toggle.
- Changed Flickr weather image search to be location specific with 20 mile radius, with general weather image search fallback.
- Added Flickr image link and author.
- Initial release.