Stay updated on current weather conditions for the location(s) of your choice.
Once installed, your homepage, new tab, and omnibar will become the ultimate AccuWeather experience. Enjoy forecasts, weather videos, news and more. Stay updated on current weather conditions for the location(s) of your choice.
Features offered by the extension:
• *NEW* Change your background color
• *NEW* Enhanced omnibar search feature for AccuWeather forecasts, news, and videos
• Check the current temperature or get hourly and daily forecasts for multiple locations through the extension icon menu or new tab page.
• Receive relevant weather updates through lightboxes and notifications while browsing the web.
• Have full control over your background, locations, notification preferences, and specialized forecasts in the Settings menu.
• Search the web using Bing on the new tab page.
Enjoy searching the AccuWeather website through the omnibar as well as having access to the most popular web pages with simple commands. To quickly search the website, simply use the omnibar, type "weather", then press the spacebar or tab key and enter the keywords you want to search:
• "forecast" to go to the local weather page, based on your selected location
• "news" to go to the latest weather news page
• "video" to go to the weather videos page
Permissions that we are using:
• “Display notifications” – this allows us to provide you alerts via notification while you are surfing the web
• “Replace the page you see when opening a new tab” – this allows us to provide the features mentioned above and relevant weather information every time you open a new tab page.
• "Change your search settings to “weather.srch0.com"
This allows us to provide a custom search function that enables you to search directly on accuweather.com and on the web using Bing.
• “Read and change your data on mb.accuweather.com” –This permission allows us to access the website we own and manage in order to provide the content and features for the extension.
What data we collect: To deliver weather information and time-sensitive alerts, we collect your IP address, information about your browser and device, and statistics on how you interact with alerts and the extension.
If you want to remove this extension please follow simple steps:
1. Right click on the extension icon in the top right of the Chrome browser.
2. Click the “Remove from Chrome” button
For assistance or feedback, please click the “Send Feedback” link in the Settings section on the extension icon menu or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org