Simple Notifier and Launcher for WaniKani Reviews and Lessons. Works with API v2
Notifies you when your reviews are due. There's not much else to it.
Made mostly for fun, works with the WaniKani API v2.
- A badge shows how many reviews are due (you can tick a box in the settings page to get politely reminded of your lessons as well).
- Click on the extension to open a pop-up with links to your lessons and reviews.
NEW in version 2.0.1
- Reworked to be compliant with Chrome extensions manifest V3.
- Moved from timers to alarms, which limits API calls to one call per minute.
- Added support for vacation mode in the settings (hide your reviews count while on vacation).
This update was made necessary by the new Google policy for Chrome extensions (more info here if you're interested: https://developer.chrome.com/blog/mv2-transition/).
The extension is now MV3-compliant, which it's definitely a good thing as it means is won't be removed from the store, but it also forced some less welcome design changes, especially the one around timers. In short, this means the extension can only refresh once every minute, which is fine most of the time but can be somewhat annoying while you're in the middle of doing reviews.
I also finally got around to add support for vacation mode, which will hide your review count and stop making API calls while you're taking a break from WaniKani. Bear in mind this is completely independent from the vacation settings on WK itself, so remember to update your options in both places!