Hides W3Schools (and other) results from Google™ Searches
No longer will web developers find incorrect information when searching. With this extension, search results for W3Schools.com are automatically blocked, preventing you from stumbling across one of the most misleading and aggravating sites on the internet.
Also available is the option to customize the block list, adding additional domains to hide from results.
This is a replacement for a previous version of this extension that was sold to a third party and modified to inject tracking code and ad content on pages. This is a re-published copy of the open-source code at https://github.com/Spetnik/W3Schools-Hider, and does not inject any malicious code.
Note: If you are not using Google Instant™ or if you are searching from the Omnibox™, you may see the w3schools link appear for a split second before it disappears.
- Made requested permissions more restrictive.
- Fixed a bug where image results were not showing.
- Updated extension to account for changes to Google's HTML - it now works again!
- Now allows customization of block list
- Added page-level icon for accessing options
- Performance improvements
- Replaced setInterval with MutationObserver
- Removed browser icon
- Fixed bug where extension was not running on some Google searches.