VPN.AC SecureProxy is a secure web-tunnelling extension, or a browser-based VPN.
SecureProxy browser extension for Chrome provides with the ability to surf the web securely and privately without connecting to a "classic" VPN. It works like a browser proxy and all browsing traffic is encrypted through a secure tunnel.
Stealth against Firewall/DPI: when inspected using DPI technologies, the connections using the SecureProxy don't trigger alerts like a classic VPN would usually do.
There is no need to tunnel all your PC traffic through the VPN: you can have the browser tunneling the traffic through our servers and all other traffic sent via your regular ISP connection.
NOTE: You need an active VPN account from https://vpn.ac to connect using this extension.
- v2.1.2: minor template improvements
- v2.1.0: new design implemented; multiple improvements and fixes
- v2.0.17: work-around for Chrome newly introduced bug resulting in no connection when starting browser; added "China Optimized" category (enable it in Preferences)
- v2.0.13: bug fixes related to local storage of preferences.
- v2.0.11: new design, news tab, help tab, bug fixes. New version requires Privacy permissions due to a change of the WebRTC blocking function.
- v1.8.0: added country flags, changed icons.
- v1.7.2: added ability to exclude websites or entire TLDs from using the SecureProxy connection to access them.