A game engine for teaching coding
A Chromebook-friendly, moddable, 3D game world
DISCLAIMER: This is the alpha (0.0.0.2) release. It's probably full of bugs. Getting a moddable 3D gaming environment working on Chromebooks isn't exactly easy. We're still working out the kinks. :) Use it only if you're feeling curious.
That said, here is a list of existing features:
* A 3D world with FPS controls
* Ability to place and remove blocks (similar to Minecraft)
* Several dozen block types: dirt, stone, emerald, diamond, etc.
* Several spawnable monsters
* Alterations to the 3D terrain will save automatically
* A Blockly coding environment
* A real-time debugger for Blockly
* Programs written with Vox-L Go will also work in Minecraft (see learntomod.com)
* Basic coding constructs: Loops, Functions, Conditionals, Logic, Math, etc.
* Advanced coding constructs: Events, Anonymous Functions, etc.
* Block placing API
* Message printing API
* Creature spawning API
* Basic AI API
* Inventory API
See learntomod.com for more features and resources for teachers.