Use your voice to type across many different websites
With the Voice In Chrome Extension, you can use speech to text to dictate in ANY textbox on ANY website.
Use the power of speech recognition to type emails in Gmail or write blog posts on Wordpress or send messages in Slack.
You can use Voice In for:
- Email Dictation: Use Voice In to compose emails in all popular email sites.
- Voice Typing: Go hands free and type with your voice. Get our thoughts out and take a quick pass in the end to fix mistakes
- Language Pronunciation: Practice language pronunciation using our speech to text engine. Voice In supports 40+ languages.
Voice In works on most popular websites. If it doesn't work on a site you want to use Voice In on, contact us (email below).
Checkout the complete getting started guide at https://dictanote.co/voicein/getting-started/
After initial installation - you will taken to options page. Make sure to grant permission to microphone and reopen the browser, so it can work smoothly on all opened tabs.
There are three ways to start dictation:
1) Simply place the mouse in the text-box, and then you can either right-click and choose Start-Recording from the popup menu, or,
2) Simply click on the extension's button right to the address bar. VoiceIn works silently in the background and is always on.
3) Use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+9 on Chromebook/Windows/Linux ; Command+Shift+9 on Mac. You can change these by going to chrome extensions chrome://extensions/shortcuts
Default recognition language is English-US. The extension supports over 120 languages. See the list of languages supported here: https://support.dictanote.co/hc/en-us/articles/360007327931-List-of-Languages-Supported
To switch language go to the app's options page (go to chrome://extensions/ > VoiceIn Details > open Options)
Would love to hear your feedback! If a particular site does not work or you have feedback, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Created with love by makers of Dictanote (https://dictanote.co).