VMware Horizon Client for Chrome OS makes it easy to work on your VMware Horizon virtual desktop and hosted applications from your…
VMware Horizon Client for Chrome OS makes it easy to work on your VMware Horizon virtual desktop and hosted applications from your Chromebook giving you on-the-go access from any location.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A VMware Horizon virtual desktop or hosted application is required to use the VMware Horizon Client for Chrome OS. Contact your IT department for further assistance.
ENHANCED USER EXPERIENCE
The VMware Blast Extreme protocol used with Horizon 7 is designed and optimized for mobile users. Blast Extreme leverages H.264 hardware decoding to deliver the best remote experience while reducing power consumption.
LEAVE THE DESKTOP BEHIND WITH HOSTED APPLICATIONS
VMware Horizon 6 and later support hosted applications in addition to virtual desktops. With hosted applications, leave the desktop behind, jump directly to your apps, and run them with easy from Chromebook.
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
With Unity Touch, you can easily browse, search, and open Windows applications & files, choose favorite applications and files, and switch between running applications all without the Start Menu or Task Bar.
The adaptive capabilities of the Blast Extreme and PCoIP display protocol make your virtual desktop fast and responsive regardless of whether you are connecting over your corporate WiFi network or over cellular connection at a local café.
• Access your VMware Horizon virtual desktop and hosted applications on-the-go from your Chromebook with the VMware Horizon Client for Chrome OS
• Set up and connect easily with VMware Horizon integration
• Both VMware Blast Extreme and PCoIP connectivity for optimal interactive performance
• Get work done with support for Unity Touch
• Supports English, German, French, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and Traditional Chinese
- Support real time voice call
- Seamless experience for Horizon Air customers when connecting to multiple datacenters
- Download and use Horizon Client for Android app on your Chromebook through the Google Play Store app (requires Chrome OS version 53 and up on specific devices https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/chromium-os/chrome-os-systems-supporting-android-apps)
- Client drive redirection is disabled
- Upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2j
- Bug fixes