VMware Horizon Client for Chrome
VMware Horizon Client for Chrome makes it easy to work on your VMware Horizon virtual desktop and hosted applications from your Chromebook giving you on-the-go access from any location.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A VMware Horizon virtual desktop or hosted application is required to use the VMware Horizon Client for Chrome. Contact your IT department for further assistance.
ENHANCED USER EXPERIENCE
The VMware Blast Extreme protocol used with Horizon is designed and optimized for mobile users. Blast Extreme leverages H.264 hardware decoding to deliver the best remote experience while reducing power consumption.
LEAVE THE DESKTOP BEHIND WITH HOSTED APPLICATIONS
With hosted applications, leave the desktop behind, jump directly to your apps, and run them with ease from Chromebook.
The adaptive capabilities of the Blast Extreme display protocol makes your virtual desktop fast and responsive regardless of whether you are connecting over your corporate Wi-Fi network or at a local café.
• Access your VMware Horizon virtual desktop and hosted applications on-the-go from your Chromebook with the VMware Horizon Client for Chrome
• Set up and connect easily with VMware Horizon integration
• Use VMware Blast Extreme for optimal interactive performance
• Restart a frozen desktop or app
You can now force a restart of a frozen desktop or app from the Horizon Client.
• Browser content redirection
If your Horizon environment is set up to run some web sites on your end point instead of in your virtual desktop, that feature is now supported on Chromebooks.