Open YouTube videos in VLC.
Click the extension icon (showing in the location bar when opening a YouTube™ video) to open the current YouTube™ video in VLC (or just hit ctrl+shift+V).
Full controls and more features are on the way... stay tuned!
VLC uses less resources and can boost the volume up to 200%.
NB: You _NEED_ to have VLC 2.0 (or above) installed and to activate its http interface (read here http://goo.gl/7P0XQ on how to do it). You may need to restart VLC after enabling the web interface.
To test it you can go here http://goo.gl/caqNx after installing the extension.
- icon in popup + link to extension on webstore
- find streams for custom video links (doom console)
- more controls: pause, next, prev, clear (doom console)
- less permissions ('activeTab' instead of 'tabs')
- use ytdl-core to find streams
- settable shortcut key (default is ctrl+shift+V)
- find all available streams for a given video (and choose the best one)
- add a doom console