Adds a popup virtual keyboard to text fields, password fields and textareas.
The Virtual Keyboard Interface attaches a popup keyboard to text fields, password fields and textareas which allows you to type without using a physical keyboard. Just double click one of the form elements listed above and the keyboard will appear for you to use.
Not only does this script provide an extra layer of security against keylogging malware, but it also comes with 90+ pre-programmed keyboard layouts from around the world! Never again will you struggle to type in your native language on an unfamilar keyboard. The Virtual Keyboard Interface helps you type what you want, whenever and wherever you want to type it.
❤ ☮ ★ ♫ Now includes Dingbats and Misc. Symbols layouts for easy access to Unicode graphics! Easily insert text symbols into your tweets and statuses! ♫ ★ ☮ ❤
IMPORTANT: Google disables the use of extensions on the Google app site. You must visit a different page and click the inputs there to see the keyboard pop up.
Version 1.45 - February 15, 2011
- Added activeTab option - Tab key advances to next form input
- Fix for backwards character input in IE9
- User script version no longer hides static version keyboard icon
- Added Yiddish keyboard layout
- Added Urdu Phonetic keyboard layout
Version 1.44 - December 24, 2010
- Fixed keyboard positioning for inputs within scrollable areas
- Fixed language adaptation selecting incorrect keyboards
- Added support for wider array of ISO language code formats
- Prevent entire script from being run twice on page load
- Partial fix for Firefox textarea scrolling bugs