Helps ASP.NET developers improve performance via increased awareness of View State footprint.
- The idea is that you're a developer who wants to easily spot when a web page is using too much view state
- You want the information easily noticeable, rather than relying on you to click something to check view state.
- You want something your whole team can use, so you can share the responsibility.
- Counts HTML Length
- Counts VIEWSTATE Length
- Calculates a PERCENTAGE
- PERCENTAGE displayed on the extension button
- Red-Amber-Green color based on thresholds you can configure
- Threshold for Amber (Default 10,000 chars)
- Threshold for Red (Default 20,000 chars)
- v1.1 Added support for view state chunking