Play your downloaded videos on the Chromecast™ (any file type)
Play your own local videos on your Chromecast or Android TV directly from your computer (PC, Mac, Linux) - Subtitles supported!
You can grab our corresponding Android and iOS remote apps too!
Background permission explained: This lets the mobile apps connect without launching Videostream so you can browse and start videos without opening the desktop app! Also it makes us more stable and lets you close the tab while videos are playing :)
Can be fixed by following the options in the "Help" menu!
Can't pay? Sign out, and sign back into Chrome. Or, Re-installing Chrome fixes it.
Also note: If your tab completely locks up, please add Chrome.exe as an exemption in your Antivirus, reboot and try again. If it still persists, remove your Antivirus and reinstall Chrome.
*You may be able to download Chrome 64bit and your tab may no longer freeze.
Videostream lets you stream local videos (downloads, etc.) from your computer to your Chromecast/Android TV in full 1080p! Now working on Android TV (Shield, Nexus Player, Sony, Sharp, etc.)!!
We're working as fast as we can to make Videostream amazing to use. We want to let you wirelessly stream your videos hassle free, WITHOUT installing a media server! Non-techies, this is the Chromecast app for you!
Contact us directly with ANY problem! We'll fix anything and troubleshoot with you to avoid a bad review :) Just go to www.getVideostream.com
- The fastest set up of any Chromecast media streaming app for your computer
- Simply pick video files you want to watch on your TV
- Don't wait for a program to index your entire computer
- No need to run a "media server" that makes your computer run slow
- You don't need a computer degree to use it
Currently we support:
- AndroidTV (Sony, Sharp, Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield)
- Localization of languages
- Full 1080p streaming of downloaded mp4 video and some MKVs
- Full support for AVI and MKV files (and 450+ others!)
- Volume control
- Full media library: browse your PC from your phone!
- Mp3/Music streaming
- 3D Videos
=== Change Log ===
2.15.610.1 -- 6/10/2015
- Android TV support (Nexus Player, ADT-1, Nvidia Shield, Sony, Sharp, etc.)
2.15.421.1 -- 4/21/2015
- Created extension to add shortcut to Videostream in Chrome (get from Help screen)
- Added subtitle delay/offset controls
- Added switch to control subtitle auto-loading
2.15.324.0 -- 3/24/2015
- Added support for .sub subtitle files
2.15.319.0 -- -3/19/2015
- Disabling requirement for transcoding on 'main profile' videos
220.127.116.11 -- 02/24/2015
- Seeking should be faster and smoother on transcoded media
- Fixes for mobile users who can't find Videostream on their network
18.104.22.168 -- 02/18/2015
- Improved SSA subtitle rendering
22.214.171.124 -- 02/04/2015
- Media library support paving the way for browsing and watching videos from your Android phone (coming soon!)
- Automatically find subtitles (goto Settings -> Subtitles -> Setup auto-loading subtitles button)
- Disable subtitles by choosing "None" as the preferred subtitle language (goto Settings -> Subtitles -> Preferred subtitle language dropdown)
- New version numbering scheme: <Major Release>.<Year>.<Month>.<Day>
- Videostream is on sale!
- Fixed premium
- Updated error messages
- Vastly improved network repair tool
- Premium option is back!
- Sale back on.
- Join our community night :)
- Fixed font rendering on OSX
- Improved playback of certain file types
- New community night feature
126.96.36.199 - 11/26
- Improved MP4 playback
188.8.131.52 - 11/21
- Automatically loads subtitles based on preferred language
- Preferred audio and subtitle language selection in settings
- Fixed occurrences of playlist not auto-advancing
- Fixed occurrences of infinite loading screen
184.108.40.206 - 11/20
- Bug fixes
- Checkout fixes (sorry!)
- We've started a release video blog! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyAZHogBOcw&list=UUDk-puas3NAIOLIGFeEFL1g
220.127.116.11 - 11/19
- Videostream premium on sale for a limited time!
- Auto-select loaded external subtitles
- Better video format detection
- AC3 transcoding for passthrough if audio isn't AC3
18.104.22.168 - 11/18
- Internal SRTs work again!
- Mobile app download link! (It also works on Android 5.0 now!)
- Small UX fixes
2.0.0 - 11/06
- Brand new everything!
- Everything should be faster, smoother, more stable, and prettier for everyone!!!
- Chromecast VLC videos (any format)
- Chromecast quicktime videos (any format)
22.214.171.124 - 10/14
- Stability fixes. Video should reload if Chromecast errors out.
1.3.2 - 10/02
- We no longer conflict with BlueStacks
- Improved speed of video format detection (faster "analyzing video" screen)
- Decreased likelihood of antivirus problems
- The VLC of Chromecast