Skips/mutes/blanks selected parts of streaming videos
VideoSkip allows you to filter out several types of objectionable content from video streams. It uses the same categories as the "Parents Guide" section of IMDB.com. It can skip sections entirely, or simply mute the sound or blank the video, at your discretion. Because it does not modify the videos in any way, but rather plays them selectively, it does not infringe media copyrights.
Step by step:
1. Load the video from a streaming service normally. Make sure the video you want to edit is playing or ready to play (not full-screen), then click the VideoSkip icon on the upper-right of the browser.
2. A new window will pop up. Toggle the category filters using the checkboxes. A check means that the filter is on and content labeled accordingly will be skipped or blanked out. Otherwise it will be shown.
3. If you have a .skp file containing the skips, you can load it now with the "Load skip file" button. Once loaded, its contents will appear in the box, plus a screenshot on its right. Each skip consists of beginning and end times relative to the start of the video, with an arrow between them, and on the line below a category plus maybe a handling label (such as "video" or "audio").
4. The first line does not contain an arrow because it is used for syncing the skips for different versions of the video. The process for syncing, explained in the extension's Help, can be done at this point. Everything is in sync if when you click the "Go to time" button the video shows the same image as the screenshot.
5. If you want to change something in the list of skips, go right ahead. There's a button to insert the current time on the video (the video itself has a scrub bar to get there), and a correctly formatted "arrow" if you feel lazy. There are also buttons for shifting the time of all skips by a given amount, and for saving your edited skip list.
6. Click the play button on the video, and maybe the fullscreen button, sit back, and enjoy. Skips will take place when their time arrives.
You can make your own skip files and share them with your friends freely. They will work even if the videos being played are from a different source. If the timing is off, re-syncing with the screenshot is very easy. The skip file exchange is currently located at https://prgomez.com/videoskip/exchange
There's also a standalone web app, which works with videos that you have saved to your computer. Get it at https://prgomez.com/videoskip
Legal Notice: Content copyright owners and distributors are hereby informed that users and developers of this software are exercising their right of free speech, guaranteed by law in many nations, by voluntarily refraining from seeing or hearing content without modifying said content in any way. Legal action that ignores this notice will be considered harassment and infringement of basic rights, and prosecuted according to the law.