Skips/mutes/blanks selected parts of streaming videos
VideoSkip allows you to filter out several types of objectionable content from video streams. It uses the same categories as the "Parents Guide" section of IMDB.com. It can skip sections entirely, or simply mute the sound or blank the video, at your discretion. Because it does not modify the videos in any way, but rather plays them selectively, it does not infringe media copyrights.
Step by step:
1. Load the video from a streaming service normally and begin play so it loads some data (not full-screen), then stop it and click the VideoSkip icon on the upper-right of the browser. A new window will pop up. You can move it, or resize it like a regular page with Ctrl + or Ctrl -.
2. If you have a .skp file containing the skips, you can load it now with the "Load skip file" button. Once loaded, its contents will appear in a box that becomes visible when you click "Edit," and a screenshot may be superimposed on the video. There is a growing number of skip files for popular films at the VideoSkip Exchange, loaded by a button on the interface.
3. If the picture does not look "double," you are in sync and can move to the next step. If it does, you will have to scrub the video with the arrow keys that will appear until it looks okay again. When the screenshot finally matches the video, click "Sync times" to sync everything and remove the superimposed screenshot.
4. Set the category filters using the sliders, according to the audience. The higher, the more stringent the filter. High = for children, Medium = for teens, Low = for adults. If a filter is Off, the flagged content will be shown.
5. Start the video from its own page, sit back, and enjoy. Skips will take place when their time arrives. A message will appear on the fullscreen video when you move the mouse, telling you which filters are engaged.
You can make your own skip files and share them with your friends freely. They will work even if the videos being played are from a different source. The skip file exchange is located at https://videoskip.org/exchange
There's also a standalone web app, which works with videos that you have saved to your computer. Get it at https://videoskip.org/app for computers, or https://videoskip.org/mobile for mobile devices.
Legal Notice: Content copyright owners and distributors are hereby informed that users and developers of this software are exercising their right of free speech, guaranteed by law in many nations, by voluntarily refraining from seeing or hearing content without modifying said content in any way. Legal action that ignores this notice will be considered harassment and infringement of basic rights, and prosecuted according to the law.