Download videos from the Web
This is a Chrome port of the very popular Video DownloadHelper Firefox add-on.
It allows downloading videos from many sites.
Video DownloadHelper supports a number of additional features:
- Smart naming: the ability to automatically name the downloaded video as the original file name, the title of the page, any portion of text in the page or an obfuscated file name for better privacy. This is configurable on a per-domain basis.
- Blacklisting: prevent videos (generally annoying ads) from some domains to be detected by the add-on
- Play downloaded videos / open containing directory directly from the add-on UI
- Pin downloaded videos: keep access to downloaded videos for easy future replay
- Configurable concurrent downloads: you can setup a maximum of simultaneous downloads to save your bandwidth. Additional downloads are queued for later download
- Highly customizable video detection
All features from Firefox have not yet been ported to Chrome. Depending on the success of Video DownloadHelper for Chrome, we will update those features in future releases.