Add extra functions to the Vend POS Sell screen for PC/Mac users
Usage Notes: Upon first time load and after changing settings, you will need to refresh (press F5) on your Vend page one or two times to get all settings to fully load. This extension is stable and working well, but if you experience problems please use the contact to reach out.
Take control of the features that you want in Vend POS while eliminating a few feature that are not ideal for all retail businesses.
You have full control over what settings to enable.
Vend Customer Facing Display for PC:
• Get a customer facing display for a second monitor; one of the biggest missing features in Vend POS! Displays all the line item and totals details! Auto boots to second monitor on load.
• Customer display can be split vertically to display sale information on right and advertising pictures you choose on the left. Advertise to customers while they are checking out. Use a single picture or a slideshow of multiple pictures.
• Customer display can be marked as closed while still giving employee control to work in Vend.
Modify Vend Features to protect settings and private info:
• Hide Cashier Daily and Monthly sales so employees cannot see private data
• Hide the Dashboard Report Button
• Hide the Reports Button
• Hide the Cash Management Button
• Hide the Open/Close Drawer Button
• Hide the Setup Button
• Hide the Help Button
• Set custom height of Vend Quick Item buttons to allow more space for names or more buttons on page without scrolling
• Adjust the font size of Quick Item buttons
• Hide the folder item count on Quick Item folders to allow longer descriptions or shorter buttons
• Disable clicking to modify line item % discounts
• Select all text in inputs fields upon click to make entering new numbers easy
Add New Features to Vend:
• Show change due/sale total from last transaction on main screen in case you closed payment window before counting out change
• Quick pay buttons on main screen to enter most likely payment amounts in the payment field
• Employee panel buttons to:
• Toggle fullscreen display
• Create a customer display
• Mark customer display as closed while still giving functionality to employee
• Open cash drawer without sale (No Sale)
• Admin or Managers to override hidden native Vend buttons
• Go fullscreen automatically when you load Vend
• Add promo codes to transaction notes automatically for tracking in Vend transaction CSV files
Vextend is free to install with no subscriptions or fees. Vextend is a private extension and is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Vend POS.
NOW AVAILABLE! Vextend Office is available to improve back office management in Vend! Search for Vextend Office in the Chrome Web Store.
0.6.0.0 - 12/21/2020
-Added option to customize to a regional currency symbol and position (before or after amount) on Quick Pay and Customer Facing display (set in extension Options). Also can now set number of decimal places for currency on Customer Facing Display.
-Due to changes in underlying Vend code that is beyond our control, we removed features that no longer functioned including: Quick Quantity buttons, mouse scroll wheel quantity changes, prompting for a price when an item has a $0.00 price, and printing of receipts/opening drawer immediately following a sale. We know this is disappointing, but we could not find a work around for these changes by Vend.
-Future Support Notice: I originally made this extension for my own store using Vend. Our store is changing over to the iOS app for all our stations, so this may be the final update to this extension except for small errors that I can easily fix as there is no personal incentive for me to continue updating an extension that I don't use (remember I don't work for Vend). If you see features you like or want better support for, contact Vend support directly to encourage them to incorporate them directly into Vend. While their development team is unoffically supportive of this extension, native support or a Vend maintained extension would be the best solution!
0.5.1.8 - 6/3/2020
-Fixed issues of auto drawer not opening at end of sale and positioning of quick pay bar broken by recent Vend updates.
0.5.1.8 - 1/9/2020
-Fixed features that were broken by a recent Vend update.
-Updated extension name to Vextend Sell with the addition of the new extension Vextend Office (search Vextend Office in Chrome Web Store).
-Fixed Sales History page to be included as part of the extension so interface and hidden links function properly.