Virtual movie nights made easy
Vemos is a Chrome extension for making virtual movie nights with friends so much better.
We want to make it feel like you and your friends are all in the same room when watching movies online, even if you're thousands of miles apart.
It supports Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, and Disney Plus; all of your favorites!
You can also try it out on other sites too!
Once you and your friends install Vemos you'll get:
• Full video call integration right beside the movie as it plays - Feel like you're watching together in the same room.
• Voice chat - Chat and laugh together while bingeing on your favorite shows.
• Multiple viewers - The more the merrier! Invite as many friends to join as you like you.
• Synchronized Play/Pause/Seek - Never have to count down to hit the play button again.
Get a group of your friends together (virtually) and break out the popcorn!
Vemos is open source : if you're handy with code, or have a feature you think would be great to add then you can contribute to the project here:
* [BUG FIX] Fix an issue where disabling your webcam would also disable your microphone.
* [BUG FIX] Fix an issue where users with no webcam could not use just their microphone.
* [BUG FIX] Fix an issue where the microphone feedback warning was not shown
* [BUG FIX] Fix an issue where the reconnection handlers would not fire.
* [BUG FIX] Make video synchronization slightly more robust.
* [NEW] Added a new video controls section + much better styling to the Vemos sidebar.
* [BUG FIX] Fixed several issues with flickery streams.
* [NEW] Added helpful tooltips around the sidebar.
* [NEW] Added a nicer join page with an error notification if we can't connect
* [NEW] Added a 'Join' button when receiving an invite link so you can choose to join exactly when you want to.
* [BUG FIX] Fixed an issue where after receiving an invite link the webcam videos just displayed as black boxes.
* [BUG FIX] Reinstated the camera toggle having fixed the issue it was causing.
* [NEW] Better Twitch support. Watch streams with your friends!
* [NEW] Added an auto-reconnect feature. If a friend drops, we try to reconnect to them for up to 20 seconds. If you drop, we'll attempt to reconnect after a few seconds.
* [BUG FIX] Fixed an issue where modals weren't rendering correctly due to the host site's style sheets overriding Vemos' styles.
* [BUG FIX] Fix an issue where the video handler's event listeners could be duplicated causing multiple events to fire.
* [TWEAK] Removed the camera toggle which was causing WebRTC issues.
* [NEW] Added the ability to manually connect with other users for cases where the invite links are not working.
* [BUG FIX] Made the invite links more robust so they should work correctly with more sites.
* [BUG FIX] Made the video sync code more resilient in cases where the page take a long time to load.
* [TWEAK] Display the version number to make it easier for users to know which version they're using.
* [NEW] Much better permissions system allows you to choose where you want to run Vemos. Try it out on sites outside of just the ones listed here!
* [BUG FIX] Invite links you send to your friends will first check if they have the extension installed, if they don't have it they'll get. a prompt to install from the Chrome store. This should hopefully avoid confusion for friends who click links without first installing the extension.
* [NEW] Allow users to disable their webcam and reenable it when they want.
* [NEW] Add the ability to minimize the Vemos sidebar to maximize viewing space.
* [BUG FIX] Fix an issue with Prime Video integration for US and UK users by adding Amazon's .com and .co.uk sites to the permissions. These were mistakenly omitted before.
* Fix an issue where the reference to the video being played could be lost on navigation.
* Add an audio feedback warning.