A native GBA emulator for Chrome
A GBA Emulator as a Packaged App! (will work offline and on Chromebooks)
This is a PNaCl port of the VBA-M project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/). A patch has been opened at http://sourceforge.net/p/vbam/patches/48/ .
For users signed into chrome, save states and screen captures will sync upwards via Drive! (experimental and probably flaky) To access and manage these files, go to Drive > All Items > Chrome Syncable Filesystem. However, these files won't be downsynced.
Saves can now be imported. This will copy the given file verbatim into the filesystem so it must be named correctly to be loaded when playing a rom.
Gamepad support now available under the Advanced Settings! It should be plug and play, you can check your gamepad works with this at http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/doodles/gamepad/gamepad-tester/tester.html. You need to mash all your buttons after the game starts to detect the gamepad. Enabling this will disable keyboard controls. Tested on an XBox 360 controller.
- Open Rom: Ctrl + O
- D-pad: Arrow keys
- A: Z
- B: X
- L: A
- R: S
- Start: Enter
- Select: Backspace
- Save State: Shift + F1-9 (See below for Chromebooks)
- Load State: F1-9
- Reset: Ctrl + R
- Speed up: Space
- Screen capture: F12 (syncs to Drive)
- Vol down/up: -/=
- For people who can't load their .zip files, try unzipping and only loading the .gba file.
- You can export saves by checking the Google Drive synced files (see above).
- On Chromebooks, you can press Search (the magnifying glass key) + 1-9 to send F-keys for saving.
This project is licensed under GNU GPL v2.