Shows an unread count over the favicon for sites that support it.
Extracts the number of unread items from a page title and displays it over the favicon.
EG: "Facebook (2)", "(2) Twitter / Home", "Inbox (12) - email@example.com" will all have that count put over the page's icon.
PLEASE NOTE: This extension will only work if the website shows unread items in brackets in the page title.
Inspired by the "Unread message icon" lab in Google Mail.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
• Changed the priority of the Unread Count icon so it can't be overridden by the page's original icon.
• Fixed a bunch of deprecated method use preventing Unread Count working.
• Fixed being broken with some sites being broken in Chrome 22.
• Updated manifest file to version two.
• Changed the default site "google.com" to "google." to cover all Google TLDs.
• Fixed issue where previous fix broke text entry. I'm not quite sure when this happened, but I apologise if it caused you problems. It's fixed now.
• Fixed issue with checkbox settings not being saved on the options page.
• Fixed issue with installing the extension on newer versions of Chrome.
• Fixed issue with font names containing spaces not working.
• Updated font options to use fonts only available on the system
• Updated font options to include a list of commonly available fonts
• Made the font weight option a drop down box too
• Added a simple "enabled sites" filter
• Added option to monitor non-pinned tabs
• Altered description to reflect the above
• Added options page
• Added basic customisation options (colours, font, etc.)
• Added (optional) desktop notifications
- - - - - - - - - - -
• Tab favicon can get stuck under certain circumstances. To fix: press CTRL+F5 to do a complete page refresh (bypass cache).