Removes black bars on ultrawide videos and offers advanced options to fix aspect ratio.
If you're using a 21:9 monitor, then you probably noticed that most "21:9" videos on youtube (e.g. almost every movie trailer that exists) and netflix are actually 16:9 videos with letterbox encoded. That means you usually see black borders on all four sides. Ultrawidify aims to fix that.
Youtube, Netflix, Twitch. (It may work elsewhere, but it's not guaranteed as other sites are untested)
Youtube, Twitch. It may work elsewhere, but not guaranteed as I can't test all sites.
Chrome version of this addon does NOT work on Netflix and other sites that use DRM.
Github's here: https://github.com/xternal7/ultrawidify
Full list of features (WIP): https://github.com/xternal7/ultrawidify/wiki
=== Features ===
* Can be enabled or disabled on per-site basis
* Crop or stretch video to fit any aspect ratio
* Best automatic aspect ratio detection (can be enabled/disabled entirely or on a per-site basis, separately of the extension)
* Supports Youtube theater mode
* Experimental: rebindable shortcuts in extension settings
=== Known issues and limitations ===
* Unclear how extension handles sites with more than one video per page.
* Autodetection can sometimes be wrong
* DRM schemes prevent autodetection from working. Unlike with Firefox, there's no workaround for this issue that would work with Chrome and most Chrome-based browsers.