Provides multiple aspect ratio fill modes for movies and shows on Netflix®
Support for mouse controls through extension popup. just click on the extension icon while watching a movie on Netflix®.
Netflix uses 16:9 aspect ratio for all it's content, which results in a white box all around the video stream if you are watching a movie there that has original aspect ration of 2.35:1 on 21:9 ultra wide screen. This unofficial extension fixes that by filling in entire screen.
When watching TV shows though, that are originally 16:9 content it's not always desirable to have cropped picture on the top and the bottom, so additionally this extension allows you to change fill mode dynamically, switching between:
- contain (16:9, default without extension)
- 2:1 (crops a little 16:9 content, but also leaves a lot less area on the sides)
- cover (will fill your display, no matter the aspect ratio)
You can go back and forth between these modes using keys on the right side of "0" on your keyboard ("-" and "=" for US layout), "Arrow Up", "Arrow Down", but without "Alt" modifier.
Additionally when in "cover" mode you can choose to crop only bottom, both bottom and top but twice as less (default) or only top by using "Arrow Down" and "Arrow Up".
All of the controls are also available through extension popup.
# RELEASE NOTES
## Version 0.2.1 (15.03.2016)
- Fixed the issue where original keyboard controls no longer work
## Version 0.2.0 (15.03.2016)
- Added extension popup to control the extension with a mouse.
## Version 0.1.2 (13.03.2016)
- More robust internal key handling, better screenshots / docs.
## Version 0.1.1 (13.03.2016)
- Changed keyboard shortcuts to not contain Alt modifier, which should fix issue introduced in a new Chrome update.
- New icon
## Version 0.1.0 (15.11.2014)
- Initial release
This software is provided AS IS, without any guarantees. By using this software you agree that Dmitriy Kubyshkin (hereafter referred to as "Author") is not liable for any damages associated with the usage of this software. Author of this software has no affiliation with Netflix®.