This app shows you past criminal activities on Google Maps. UK only.
Whether we like it or not but crime and criminal activities sometimes become part of our life. But how can we avoid getting involved with the wrong crowd? UK Crime Map tool can show you criminal data on a street-map level thus helping you to make certain decisions on:
- Should I buy this property? The area looks safe now, but what happened here 2/3/6 months ago? Are there many break-ins and car crimes in the vicinity, or is this area as glamorous as the property agent described?
- Should I send my children to this school? Were there many drug-related crimes around the school what the Principal forgot to mention to us?
- I am not sure if I walk home alone on the nearby streets at 11pm on Saturday night is a safe or an insane option?
With our mapping tool you can easily identify criminal hotspots, so you can avoid getting into trouble. Our crime-related data is sourced from various city and county level UK Police organisations.
Owing to the sensitivity of crime-related data our crime mapping tool has the following limitations whilst revealing the results:
- Our latest data is always a couple of months behind the actual date. The explanation for this is simple - crime that has just been committed and often under investigations cannot be disclosed to the public. Hence our system can only reveal crimes that were committed at least two months before the current date. You cannot see data from the current nor even from the previous month.
- The location of the committed crime is an approximation, which is again due to the sensitivity of the data. Generally speaking if a criminal activity is shown on the map it can be assumed that it happened approximately in a 50-60 yards radius.
Thank you for using our application, please stay safe!
The MapCortex.com team
We would like to express our gratitude to our professional software developer partner, Mayu Karita! Without her determination in delivering a great service to many of our public safety agencies this application would have never been developed.