Search for definitions on Urban Dictionary and Merriam-Webster easily. Bonus Words of the Day and Thesaurus!
NOTE: Bugfixes coming soon.
What does “goat” mean formally, or in Slang? What is a synonym for “lexicon”? Easily find out with a click of a button to look up slang words, phrases, acronyms, synonyms, and antonyms without even leaving the page!
This is definitely the most user-friendly all-in-one Dictionary search tool that allows you to search up slangs as well as formal meanings easily and quickly.
BONUS Features: Improve your colloquial knowledge daily by learning the UrbanDictionary Word of the Day. Or improve your general vocabulary by learning Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Day. All with just a click of a button :)
1. Highlight the text that you wish to define and click on the yellow-pink UD chrome extension button. You will automatically receive the UrbanDictionary definition. Click on any of the other buttons to get other definitions.
2. Directly click on the yellow-pink UD extension button and type in the word or phrase to search for from any of the search engines.
- Search Urban Dictionary using the easy popup or by right clicking highlighted text.
- Displays the top definitions, usage/examples, synonyms, related terms, and antonyms.
- Popup includes link to the Urban Dictionary page for the queried term, and also includes a link to Google search for the term.
- Elegantly and intuitively designed.
About Urban Dictionary:
Urban Dictionary is a crowdsourced online dictionary of slang words and phrases that was founded in 1998 as a parody of Dictionary.com and Vocabulary.com by then-college freshman Aaron Peckham. [Warning: definitions are user submitted and may contain profanity and/or mature subject matter. Use with discretion.]
About Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. In addition to its award-winning Merriam-Webster.com dictionary site, the company offers a diverse array of print and digital language references, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition—America's best-selling desk dictionary—and the online Merriam-Webster Unabridged, which is the successor to its famed Webster's Third New International Dictionary.
Please leave feedback/suggestions, and a 5 star review if you like it! Enjoy!
-- CHANGELOG --
1.0 - 1/20/19 - initial release