Toshiba's UCedge, a new Unified Communications (UC) client has been available for Android and Apple smartphone and tablet mobile devices. Now, UCedge
client is available for PC’s and Mac computers. UCedge allows users to seamlessly work between multiple devices without the additional license. Installation is easy as it is implemented as a Chrome App.
UCedge client for Windows and Mac supports VIPedge, IPedge and IPedge Application Server for the Strata CIX system users
- CONTACTS WITH AVATARS
UCedge Client gets its contact list from the VIPedge/IPedge system so you don’t have to create contacts for fellow VIPedge/IPedge users. It also lets user’s upload avatars / images of themselves making it easier
to find people quickly.
- PRESENCE WITH DETAIL INFORMATION
Presence enables you to see the status of other users before you begin communication. General presence information includes Available, Busy, and Away. Detail information includes the user specified location and
or Instant Messaging (IM) status.
- INSTANCE MESSAGE (IM) / GROUP INSTANCE MESSAGE (GIM)
You may send or receive an instant message (shown right) to or from another user and may have multiple
sessions at a time. It is also possible to broadcast the messages to multiple
people. In addition, IM sessions may be held among multiple users who are invited by the coordinator.
Instant Messaging and calling history is stored in the device so that
it may be reviewed later. History records may be filtered by the user so that they can be found easily. UCedge client supports cloud synchronization for data storage of call and IM history when the user uses multiple devices including Windows or Mac computer.
- VISUAL VOICE MAIL
Retrieve voice mail messages from VIPedge/IPedge Messaging. The list of voice mails is displayed with the caller information and time. The user can
play back the message and call back the user. Multiple Devices for Single User
The system allows the user to login from UCedge Client and Call Manage
r for Windows at the same time so that the UC capabilities are provi
ded regardless of the user’s location. The user can login from up to
three devices simultaneously.
Pairing allows the user to initiate dialing on their Toshiba IP telephones and digital desk phones from Windows or Mac computers. Transfer, conference a
nd hold call control functions are also available.
* allow users to handle multiple calls on the Primary DN and Phantom DNs.
* One Touch Buttons in Pairing Mode to configure and dial the frequent used number by one touch.
- Initial Setup Wizard and New User Tutorial to guide through the setting menu and operations.
- Voice Mail/ Fax Mail support to provide the visual voicemail/fax mail feature with reply/forward capability.
- Call Alert / In Call Menu to transfer/conference the FollowMe or Callthru call to cell phone as if it is an extension.
- Compact View Support to resize the app window and automatically adjust the contents to maximize the usability.
- Other Enhancements:
- History Action menu enhancement
- Immediate phone mode switching.
PREVIOUS ENHANCEMENTS (Version 2.5.11)
- Embedded Softphone
- UCEdge Essentials licence mode to provide the basic functions
- Simplifies Make Call and Transfer operation
- Contact Center agent and supervisor features including ACD call handling, Supervisor monitor/help, group IM to ACD group, and ACD realtime stats display
-Softphone trial license (G.711 only)
-Fly over text for command help
-Group view and Group IM enhancement
-Bug fixes and User Interface improvement
- Supports auto start upon the device restart.
- fix DTMF issue by Megaco