Enables radio mode in Chrome web browser
The extension runs Twitch radio mode in Chrome. Saves network bandwidth, RAM, and other device resources.
"Radio mode" is a feature in Twitch mobile app, with which users can play only the sound of the stream, instead of playing the full video. The feature is useful for radio or music streams.
After installation, there will be a new "radio" button in control panel of the video. Radio mode can be started/stopped by a single click of this button, and users can engage in the chat just like when they play video streams.
NOTE: If you have any issues using the radio mode button, please refresh the webpage and try again.
The original source code can be found at: https://github.com/c-rainbow/twitch-audio-web
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use this extension in a recorded video, like past broadcasts, highlights, clips, etc?
This extension only works for a livestream.
- Can I collect channel points with this extension?
No, you cannot collect channel points if the video is not played.
- I cannot use radio mode in the main page.
For now, the extension only works in the streamer’s channel page.
- Fixed a bug that the radio mode was stuck for ~30 seconds before the audio is played.
- Used authorization header to get access token if the user is logged in, to not play unnecessary ads.
- Fixed a bug that the radio mode was stuck for ~15 seconds before the audio is played.
- Fixed a bug that the radio mode button is always disabled for some people
For all other release notes, please refer to https://github.com/c-rainbow/twitch-audio-web/blob/master/.webstore/descriptions/en.txt