Adds a bot to a your Twitch.tv channel.
A completely free, cross-platform(Mac, Windows, Linux), standalone Trivia - Riddle - Jeopardy bot for any Twitch channel. Allow your chat to compete for top score by playing various games JBot offers for free.
12/8/2015: Twitch changed their website architecture rending the bot to use its legacy message algorithm. In its current state the bot requires chrome to open and on the Twitch channel page in order to send messages. Hopefully a future update will revert the bot back to its original state.
Note: this extension is in its infancy and currently in the beta stage of development. This notice will be removed when the extension has been updated from the beta stage.
JBot will enhance your channels chat experience with just a click of a button. JBot is a cross platform extension that just works with no configuring needed. Although no initial configuration is needed, JBot can be easily configured for your channels needs through the use of its extensive list of commands.
--- Quick Features ---
- Not an .exe application ( Chrome extension follow the similar rules just like a web site. Thus can not destroy your system )
- Domain isolated ( Can only access Twitch.tv and the JBot Server )
- Features/Command List - http://www.twitch.tv/Andrewr74
- Single system stream? No problem just allow the bot to run in incognito mode through the extensions management page. Then Run the bot in an incognito window.
- Modular infrastructure
- Community built Modules
--- Getting Started ---
- Once the bot has been added to chrome just refresh your twitch channels web page. The bot will automatically join your channel. All you have to do is enable the bot by using the !join command. The bot will echo back that it has joined your channel.
- If a separate account is created to run the bot in your channel, it is imperative that you mod that account.
- All commands must start with an exclamation point ( ! )
--- Update 2.68 ---
- Module API Improvements and New Features.
- Manage a tab in the browser. ( Open, Update, Close )
- Get & Modify players jeopardy scores.
- Developer sign in fixed error on sign in.
- Developer signup now displays the form error.
- New Module: Music Player. ( BETA )
- Uses YouTube to play songs requested by viewers.
- Add Song ( !add <YouTube Video ID> )
- Play Song ( !play )
- Stop Song ( !stop )
- Delete Current Song ( !delete )
- Play Song ( !play <YouTube Video ID> )
- Remove Song ( !remove <YouTube Video ID> )
- Previous Song ( !prev )
- Looping ( !loop )
- Module ID: "music"
- New Module: URL Remover ( BETA )
- Removes links in the chat.
- Timeout user for n seconds
- Warn the user n times before timing them out.
- Custom warning message for each type of viewer. ( Mod, Sub, Pleb )
- Custom timeout time for each type of viewer.
- Module ID: "urlremover"
- As always, many bugs squashed.
--- Update 2.67 ---
- Fixed minor bugs.
--- Update 2.66 ---
- Official JeopardyBot Twitch Account Added.
--- Update 2.65 ---
- Options Page completely redesigned.
- Channel protection added.
- !join/!jleave commands added so the bot will not join your channel automatically.
--- Update 2.64 ---
- Options Page to modify database information.
- If provided the bot will automatically log back in.
- Window no longer has to be focused for the bot to respond.
--- Update 2.63 ---
- Published to the app store for public use instead of private channels.