Android APK packager for Chrome OS
twerk is an Android APK and OBB package builder for Chrome OS, Windows, Linux, and OS X. Please make sure to read the instructions below! If packaged Android apps crash once you open them try fiddling with the settings until you find something that works for you. Not every Android app is 100% compatible!
In order for Android apps to run you need to install ARC (App Runtime for Chrome). Please note ARC is a rather large download and can take 10-30min to install. You can download ARC here:
1) Open twerk and drop an APK package of your choice on the giant pink button that says "Drop APK Here". As of v1.2.6 you can now click the button and select an APK/XAPK file.
2) Fill out the Application Name (e.g Skype)
3) Fill out the package name (e.g. com.skype.raider). If you download your APK from using APK Downloader (http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/) then the APK package will be named with its package name. If your app does not start up after packaging your Android application then chances are that your package name was entered incorrectly or the app is not compatible
4) Click the default Android APK icon and select the application icon you wish to use. Icons that are 128x128px work best. You can find icons by doing a Google Image search and setting the image type to 'icon'.
5) Flip the switches to get the options you want for your app.
6) Click the "BUILD" button in the top right corner of the app to build out your package.
7) Load your packaged app via the Chrome Extensions page. You can reach this page by browsing to 'chrome://extensions'
8) If you are building from a .xapk file your obb/data files will be saved to a directory called "sdcard". When your application loads for the first time select this folder to side-load your apps data.