Replaces default emojis with Twemoji. Enables your browser to display colored emojis if your OS does not support it.
Enables Chrome to display colored emojis even if your OS does not support it. Replaces the default emojis with Twemoji (Twitter emoji library).
Twemoji (v14.0 as of this publishing) adheres to the Unicode 14.0 spec and supports the Emoji 14.0 spec. More Twemoji info here:
To get an overview of new emojis added in 14.0, click here:
Notable changes for v0.0.8 :
* Default CDN updated to jsDeliver
* Removed MaxCDN as an option
I use a Windows 7 machine where color emojis are not supported. I used several other extensions but noticed that they were rather old and did not support newer emojis. I couldn't find an updated one so I decided to create my own. Works great on my machine, so hopefully it also works correctly on yours.
* Only replaces emojis that are already available during the initial page load. Emojis added after via ajax, lazy-loading or other scripts will not be affected.
* Only works if browser is connected to the internet. It pulls emoji data from the internet, so replacement emojis may not appear if you're offline.
* Also, replacement emojis will not appear when viewing local HTML files.
* Uses SVG files for the replacement images so may cause issues if your browser has poor support for SVGs.
* A 2-second delay was added when loading twemojis in YouTube since YouTube partially adds/pulls/shows content on a on-demand basis. If you feel that this extension has made YouTube slow or unusable, kindly disable or uninstall this extension.
* May interfere with websites that interact with or are reliant on text emojis for their functionality. If this occurs, kindly disable or uninstall this extension.
* Replaces the default emoji set if you're not happy with the default emoji that comes with your OS.
* Adds emoji support to Chrome, even if not supported by the OS.
* Flags are shown correctly as actual flags, instead of the two-letter combo.
v0.07 ~~[ 11/23/2022 ]
* Added option to change CDN
* Reorganized code for speed improvements
v0.06 ~~[ 11/15/2022 ]
* Fixed issue where saving merges all URLs as one long string
* Added link to online help (https://bit.ly/TwemojiForChrome)
* Note that above link is a work in progress
v0.05 ~~[ 09/20/2022 ]
* New help documentation
* New option page that allows users to:
-- Exclude specific sites
-- Modify emoji size
-- View an unmodified page
* Code changes to handle YouTube pages
v0.0.4 ~~[ 08/25/2022 ]
* Updated parser to use the Twemoji 14.0.2 release
* Added button to re-initialize the Twemoji conversions after load
v0.0.3 ~~[ 02/09/2022 ]
* Code updated for compatibility with Manifest v3
v0.0.2 ~~[ 10/08/2020 ]
* Emojis are now pulled from: https://twemoji.maxcdn.com/v/latest/. This should automatically cover new emojis whenever an update to Twemoji is released.
* Uses SVGs instead of PNGs.
v0.0.1 ~~[ 07/17/2020 ]
* Initial release