Replaces default emojis with Twemoji. Enables your browser to display colored emojis if your OS does not support it.
Enables your browser to display colored emojis if your OS does not support it. Replaces the default emojis with Twemoji (Twitter emoji library).
Twemoji (v13.0 as of this publishing) adheres to the Unicode 13.0 spec and supports the Emoji 13.0 spec. More Twemoji info here:
This is a modified version of the extension found here:
* Emojis are now pulled from: https://twemoji.maxcdn.com/v/latest/. This should automatically cover new emojis whenever an update to Twemoji is released.
* Uses SVGs instead of PNGs.
I use a Windows 7 machine where color emojis are not supported. I used several other extensions but noticed that they were rather old and did not support newer emojis. I couldn't find an updated one so I decided to create my own. Works great on my machine, so hopefully it also works correctly on yours.
* Only replaces emojis that are already available during the initial page load. Emojis added after via ajax, lazy-loading or other scripts will not be affected.
* Only works if browser is connected to the internet. It pulls emoji data from the internet, so replacement emojis may not appear if you're offline.
* Uses SVG files for the replacement images so may cause issues if your browser has poor support for SVGs.
* Extension may cause YouTube to load slower than usual. If this occurs, kindly disable or uninstall this extension.
* Replaces the default emoji set if you're not happy with the default emoji that comes with your OS.
* Adds emoji support to Chrome, even if not supported by the OS.
* Flags are shown correctly as actual flags, instead of the two-letter combo.