tweak your HTTP requests to test, develop and demo your web application
tweak is your customizable API mock server in a chrome extension that allows you to change your HTTP requests.
The extension allows you to modify the HTTP requests triggered from your web applications at the network level before it reaches the front-end.
You can shape the HTTP response payloads of your backend services without ever leaving the browser. The extension offers basic & advanced functionalities for you to feed data to your web application and simulate or develop new functionalities that are data-driven.
Here's a list of the functionalities offered by the extension:
1. Consistent interception across web application life cycle. tweak can intercept requests that triggered at page load or any other moment throughout the website session life span.
2. Intercept a request by specifying:
a) A URL expression that can either be the full URL, part of the URL (substring), or a regular expression.
b) An HTTP method.
c) A HTTP response status.
d) A Content-Type response header.
e) A configuration name (label, optional).
f) A delay value in milliseconds. The request will be delayed if any value is specified (optional).
g) The JSON response payload to return.
h) Optionally the JSON request payload (optional, in case the request is one of POST, PUT or PATCH)
3. Toggle specific combinations of requests to intercept.
4. Stop & Start interceptions globally.
5. Delete & Duplicate configurations.
6. Usage feedback such as interception count or errors are surfaced to you once you go back to the extension.
Feel free to consult our official website linked in the chrome store to read detailed documentation on how to use tweak, as well as detailed descriptions of the latest changes introduced in the extension.
Any feedback? We'd love to hear from you! Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.