This extension identifies fake & unreliable news and helps to identify media bias.
Trusted Times is a unique Google Chrome extension that detects fake and unreliable news. It's the only extension that helps you identify bias (if any) in each news article.
Using advanced machine learning algorithms, it also presents additional analysis of any news article to show a reporter’s and news source’s bias, if any.
It helps you to read any news article like a pro.
Trusted Times is different from other fake news detectors because:
- It screens the largest selection of local, state and national news websites and blogs in United States.
- Only extension that provides an ability to treat each journalist and news article independently – as opposed to classifying an entire newspaper’s political bias as “left, center or right”.
- Identifies if the article is fake, unreliable, verified or mainstream media news
- Provides a summary of verified and mainstream media news articles
- Scans the article to identify important and relevant subjects and topics discussed in the news article
- Only extension to present an analysis of an article’s bias or sentiment towards the mentioned subject
- Only extension to provide a historical analysis of the reporter’s bias towards the mentioned subject
- Only extension to provide a historical analysis of the news website's bias towards the mentioned subject
Trusted Times recognizes any news organization such as New York Times or Politico consists of hundreds of reporters each with a unique perspective, built-in schema/bias, ideas or writing style.
Trusted Times leverages advanced machine learning algorithms to analyze each article’s language reflecting an author's opinion or attitude towards any given subject.
This way a journalist with a unique persuasion or possible agenda for whatever reason is exposed as biased towards a subject or a person even if they work at a news organization consistently known for its own political slant, i.e., left, right or neutral.
Trusted Times is perfect for everyone seeking a reliable resource to gauge credible news sources, i.e., teachers seeking an educational tool distinguishing the verifiable and reliable source of news based on fact.
Updates in version 3.0:
- Bigger & taller page - easy to read
- UI changes. Now you can minimize certain sections
- New Icons (for details please visit website)
- UI enhancements
- Minor bug fixes